Wednesday, April 20, 2005

from one thought to another


Bandoran - Rob
Originally uploaded by Robubu.
The other day I was in the elevator going up to my flat when it suddenly stopped. Not a good stop. A jolt of a stop. Thankfully, the door shortly there after opened, and with a step up I arrived safely on a floor-- not my floor, but a floor.
I should have lied. I should have dramatized the story saying that the elevator did stop. And that I almost died of dehydration.

Two years ago I was backpacking around Europe with a friend. We were on a bus heading from Galway to Donegal when she woke up with a start and decided that it was our stop-- even though it wasn't. I follow her off the bus, trying to persuade her that it was not our stop. To settle the argument we go into Sparr and ask, "are we in Donegal?" This middle-aged, plump, grey haired man was like "och crap girls. Shit this is definitely not Donegal. I’m afraid you are in Bandoran." We go back to the bus stop to check the times and it starts to hail. And by hail I mean a storm of hail. Zeus was clearly mad at us for invading the ghost town. It would be three hours until the next bus. Luckily after a while the sky cleared. We went to the desolate beach and gazed off to sea. It ended up being a really great day. We later arrived in Donegal, hated it and left within 24 hours. It was there that I had the second worst shower of my life (the first being in Antarctica after going swimming in the ocean).

[music:it's okay to think about ending (earlimart)]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home