Thursday, January 27, 2005

bootors bootros golly

I went for a really long walk today. I left around 3:15 and arrived at my final location at 6:30. Ok, true, some would disagree that the above is a "long" walk. But need I remind you-- or rather, need I point out to you-- that it was -26'C today. All you Ottawadians shut up. That is cold. It might not be incredibly cold, but it WAS cold nonetheless. Damn you all!
In other news, I went to hear Craig and Mark Kielburger talk today. You know those guys who started Free the Children -- one was nominated for 3 Nobel Peace Prizes, the other, a Harvard grad and Rhodes Scholar... so yeh. I went, listened to their cultish talk, and felt like crap. They made us stand up and tell the person next to us something we do help others. And I was like "emmmm, I am SO pathetic because I need to actually think about this." I mean seriously, what the hell is wrong with me?!!! I should be able to rhyme off dozens of things that I do to help people. I mean I know I am not all that selfish, and that I am aware of the world situation around me (at least a little bit more than most), but what am I showing for it??? I need to find that cause that makes me drive.

In the meantime, I continue to visit the hunger site , and hope that one day I will be inspired.

In the meantime, I will bring people joy with my new band.
The best part of having a new band is trying to think up a good band name. Stay tuned for more announcements.

Because I am in the mood for links today. Here is an awesome site that my dad found. And another example of how incredibly untalented I am.

Today the world is against me.


[music: hold on hope (guided by voices)]

1 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger Douche Toronto said...

We were granted the gift of music for a reason, Robin. The good Lord wants us to inspire people through our ART. (Ahahahahaha! I'm so excited. We should get together over reading weeking and lay down some tracks.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home