feeling fragile
Today I saw my archeology prof. go into a bagel shop. It was an unpleasent experience. Don't get me wrong, he has as much right to go to "Montreal Bagel House" as anyone. Only... it's just.... Okay, so I was down the street from my aunt's house, in search of a pecan tart before having to babysit and he just walked by. But it's just.... My aunt lives a fair distance away from Uni-- one needs to take a subway and a bus to get there. It's just... I mean... I must have seen him in his neck of the woods. It's creepy, teachers are not human (okay well they are human, they are just not PEOPLE). And this guy drives my crazy. He is just so... so.... annoying. He speaks in metaphors and SO slowly. It takes him 2 hours to say what he really could say in 10 minutes. Frankly, its as if he wanted to be a poet, but just didn't have the talent. I fall asleep in his class every week... Anyways, one shouldn't have to see their teacher out of school-- it's just wrong.
oy.


7 Comments:
Hee! You're like Janis Ian and her "I love seeing teachers outside of school. It's like seeing a dog walk on its hind legs." (Sorry. I have this compulsive need to relate everything to my favourite lines from Mean Girls. It cannot be helped.)
Anyway, I just wanted to let you know (in case you have not already been informed) that Sarah and I are forming a kick-ass band. And you are going to be our lead singer! Sarah will be playing bass (cause she can play like, half of Seven Nation Army, apparently, so that's clearly good enough!) and I will be playing the cowbell. And you will be singing. In your creepy voice. Okay? Okay!
A band! I have always wanted to be in a band. I will have to practice singing in that voice though.
Aww dude! We could do something like the Trachthenberg Family Slideshow.
YEH! That would be FUN!!!
I know, I'm unbelievably excited! Our very own band!
I do believe this is the greatest idea Sarah has ever had.
hi, i was just wondering what made you decide to take a primatology class?
Primatology, now THAT is an interesting story…. well no not really…..
It’s actually kind of funny because it seems to me that the concept of studying animals (especially monkeys) in university is something that kids normally laugh and joke at.
In any case, my story is quite simple (sadly), I am studying biological anthropology and my university only offers 6, or so, classes on the subject, and this one, "Living Primate Adaptations", seemed interesting. Also I heard that the Prof was really good (as well as the obvious—monkeys are cool/amazing animals). So essentially that is why I am taking it.
Wish my story were more interesting.
Do you study primatology?
i'm in my last year of high school, trying to decide what to study now that i've gotten into the college of my choice. i really like monkeys and am looking into it, so i thought i'd ask you what made you pick the class.
If you have any more questions I would be happy to answer them. If you are serious about it, my textbook is called "Living primate Adaptations" by Fleagle. If you can find it at your library, pick it up and see if the kind of thing it talks about interests you. Its a very plain textbook-- straight out of the '70s (even though my edition was published sometime in the '90s), so don't let that put you off. Just concentrate on the subject.
I hope that was useful. Best of Luck!
Post a Comment
<< Home