take part or i will slime you!
I am sick. I hate being sick. Not that anyone actually LIKES being ill... but for me it is more than just FEELING ill, I also wallow in self pity. I am, and forever will be, five years old.
When I was seven I had pneumonia. I don't actually remember ever feeling bad. I just remember staying home, playing post office, watching Take Part*, and when I was no longer quarantined, my dad took me on a walk. We went to Rockin’ Johnny’s, a diner which had just opened (it still is around today, and is crap) in the local plaza-- where I had toast (since I was sick), and then to an arcade near my house. We had never been there before, and all I remember is that it was scary (because of all the big kids), so we left. The funny thing is, I must have been pretty seriously ill, because I did stay home for at least 2 weeks-- which, considering my parents all always made me go to school, was a significant amount of time.
So last night, before I came down with my wretched cold, I went to visit my grandparents. We watched Blazing Saddles. What a great film! Directed by Mel Brooks (written by him too?), it is a spoof on Westerns. It is hysterical. Also, there is a lot of subtle pop-culture humour, so watching it with my grandmother was perfect because she could fill me in on all the references to old actors, or movies etc.
On a completely different note:
I have been writing my blog for some time now-- ok, like 2 weeks, but that is SOME time... and having never done one of these things before, I really want comments. Please let me know what you like, dislike, what you would like to see more of (links, references to monkeys, etc), or less of (links, references to monkeys, etc.). I may not change anything based on the comments, but I would like to see where I stand.
So thank you in advance, and goodnight!
*When I was looking for a Take Part website, I also came across this! Which is so unbelievable... it even has complete episodes!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home