sorry josh
Tonight, I really have nothing interesting to say. Not that I ever really have anything INTERESTING to say, but tonight I particularly don't. Thus I am rambling about how I have nothing to say.
I went to a record store last night, which I had never been to, even though I have passed it a dozen times and have always made a note to myself that I should check it out. Oh my goodness, it was AWESOME! I have never been to a record store with such a good variety of used cds. They even had cds from my obscure indie people that no one has heard of (ok not no one… but most people). Ok, that may be jumping to conclusions... see I went in there looking for a few things, but I had a friend with me who didn’t really want to be in there, so I didn’t really get the chance to long around. If I had I probably would have found that they didn’t actually have a lot of indie folk-rock cds…Such as they didn't have any Frames. New or old. Which was a major bummer. But I did manage to pick up Hello Starling for 8$ including tax, which I think is a pretty sweet deal.
However, it upsets me that none of that money goes to the artist. Because truthfully, I would have paid a few more bucks for it, if I knew the money was going to the artist instead of the record store. So really what is the difference between my ripped copy of the cd and this new used-cd? Nothing, cause I am still not supporting the artist.
Damn the man!
So I am very sorry Josh Ritter. I would have handed you the money directly if I could... But alas.


2 Comments:
I was going to actually tell you I would perhaps comment on your blog (though only because I feel bad that no-one ever bothers!), but that I couldn't be bothered to sign up. But I didn't tell you that because I couldn't even be bothered telling you I couldn't be bothered.
So now ya know!
Lots of love,
Anon ;-)
Ahhh, so...Josh Ritter's album is good, then? I saw him when he opened for Sarah Harmer and he was so adorable!
Post a Comment
<< Home