Tuesday, November 29, 2005

this week in history*

With an overwhelming (insert strikethrough) 4 votes digiti minimi wins.

This week is a big week.
Not only was my brother's music blog renovated with a soothing green shade of brilliant butterflies, but I was also excepted to go on a field school far far away, and got a wonderful mark back in school. What's more, my new okkervil river cd should be arriving any day and i am going to see plasticized bodies on Friday.

Its weird, the idea of someone being turned to plastic. It was a hot topic at the museum this summer. One of the educators wanted to get a plasticized digestive system-- and many discussions followed. Mainly of how crazy the process is-- replacing all the water and oter juices in the body into silicon, and the obvious "eew" factor.

I'm excited. I'd be more exciting if I weren't going for a study session-- learning all the bleepin' muscles in the body. But in any case, it should be WONDERFUL (insert strikethrough) and neat.

So there is an election in Canada. Thats pretty big-- if you like to vote, or hate the government, or just like polite, vicious attacks between bald, balding, wigged (not the party, the tupe), and tuqued.

Yep, should be an interesting time.



* reference to the book my favourite (insert strikethrough) grade 7 English teacher, Mr. Mooney, used to read us at the beginning of each class.

4 Comments:

At 2:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..."but I was also excepted to go on a field school far far away..."

shouldn't it read ..."but I was also ACCEPTED to go on a field school far far away..."

there's a sign at lebreton flats, on old wellington road that reads "buses excepted" i can't figure out if it's the same typo/mistake you just made (if it even is a typo/mistake), or if it's actually proper to say that. it bugs me, i'm an english major, i should know this. i'm not trying to be all high and mighty either *blush* i really don't know and am curious as to the right way it should be. i should take a picture of that sign sometime.

on that note... my grammar isn't that great anyway lol so who am i to know what's right and wrong.

*dana*banana

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi hello.

Have you got an Axolotl??? I think they're the best creatures on earth. Are they hard to look after? If yes, how hard?? Do they happier alone? in pairs? grous? Are they hard to get hold of?? At the moment I'm having to pay visit to the zoo once a week with my 4 year old son who is as enthusiastic as me. So I'm thinking of getting one/two if poss.

my email is ai_exs@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Douche Toronto said...

Yo, Dana, I think I know which sign you're talking about (well, not that specific one, but I've seen it all over the city) and I've often wondered the same thing. I think I decided once that it was correct, because if memory serves me right here, the "buses excepted" thing is right under a DO NOT ENTER type sign, isn't it? In which case, I think it means that buses are the only exception to the rule...or something. I could be completely off, though, and if you ask me, road signs should not require ten minutes of deep thought and a discussion between two or more people to be understood. Like, really, you'd think they'd make them more clear! Heh.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Yes, we have established why I am not an English student.

That said, I am a damn good scrabble and boggle player. I challenge you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home