i like music
I really like music. I mean I am not a music junkie-- though first impressions may make you think differently-- but I do love music. Especially GOOD music. Like right now I am listening to Pseudosix's "Run Rebel". It is very good. It makes me happy, though apparently it is a sad song (A benefit of not listening to lyrics).
I dunno why I don't listen to lyrics, I just can't. This leads to much frustration on my part and much entertainment on my brother's. When I was young I was listening to a Boys II Men song (leave me be I didn’t know any better!!!) and my brother was laughing because I had no idea how dirty it was... and then when I finally concentrated I was disgusted and freaked out. It was funny.
Since then my tastes have MUCH improved. Well at least I think so. The Arcade Fire, The Frames, and Damien Rice rule, and you should all be ashamed if you do not listen to them (you should also be ashamed if you don’t donate to the Indian Ocean disaster relief projects!).
My brother finally took the time out of his busy life of traveling (that has no tone of jealousy... no....) to publish his "best of" lists. His list always inspires me to listen to more music. GOOD music. Check it out, and while you are there listen to some of Jordan's picks. They are very good too.
[music: Clam Crab Cockle Cowrie (Joanna Newsom)]


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home