busy...
It has been a busy past few days...
First off, I saw Supersize me. Entertaining, though not a very good documentary in my opinion. But whatev.
I went to see the Picasso ceramics exhibit. Ok first off-- if you go to U of t, GO SEE IT! its free, so there is not reason not to. for everyone else, it is really neat to see the different ways in which Picasso used clay. Not just in colours of painting, but more impressively the embossing, stenciling, or sculpting that he did to each piece. There were a bunch of large plates that had simple embossed lines making faces and other neat patterns. it was quite brilliant.
I also went to see the Modigliani exhibit at the Art Gallery of Ontario. What a great exhibit that was too! I must say that Modigliani is one of the best portrait artists (And sculptor-- who new) of all time. His work conveyed so much character, and by subtly changing the face (Ex. elongating the nose), he made the pieces also slightly whimsical and Egyptian in feeling. It was great.
Oh, I also sneezed in the Henry Moore exhibit-- the room was so large and vast. In short, in sounded like a bomb went off.
Now I am off to see limoneeee snicketeeeee wheeee
Oh, and for those of you who haven’t: DONATE MONEY TO UNICEF (or the Red Cross ) RIGHT NOW. Dip into your saving if you have to. They need it more than you!!! Their websites are really easy and safe. You have nothing to lose!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home