Saturday, December 11, 2004

500km, 2 surprises, and lots of snow

So today I successfully carried out a surprise visit to my parents’. It's my mum's birthday on Monday and seeing how my brother is away in Croatia, I thought it only appropriate to surprise her on her birthday and cheer her up. Well it worked! I hopped a 9:30 train and arrived to a winter wonderland four-and-a-bit hours later. My surprise required the use of my winter hat, a helium balloon, and my clown nose (of course).

When I was a kid I always used to cry when I saw a balloon because:
a) Mine always flew away
b) Even when tied to my wrist (it's true!)
c) The pain for another child who would indefinitely lose theirs and then be sad.

Needless to say, I successfully bought a balloon AND brought it back to my friend's car in a mild storm, without it popping or floating away. We then drive over to my house where, just as my friend opens the door, the balloon bursts free and flies away.

But I was a good girl, and didn't cry.


So back in the car we went in search for another balloon. Long story short, the surprise was a success. And thankfully, there were no more balloon incidents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home