arcade dynamite
So I finally saw “Napoleon Dynamite.” It was a very strange film. Don’t get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed it (how could I not, after all it had the girl from “Andre” in it!), however at the same time, Napoleon never really captivated me. It’s hard to watch a movie, or read a book, when you don’t really like the antagonist. That said, I think it has the most realistic portrayal of high school life that I have seen in a movie. I was very impressed.
A friend brought to my attention that CBC Radio Three did some sort of piece on The Arcade Fire. The site is kind of confusing to navigate, but once you find it, there is live music and some nice narrative.
Today was a truly disgusting day in the T-dot. Cold and rainy. I hate days like this. You just want to sit in front of a fire, listening to music, roasting chestnuts, making smores, and engaging in a deep philosophical conversation.
[Music: Thirteen by Big Star]


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home