Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Irish Music

I fell out of love with music. I never meant for it to happen, it just did. I found myself uninspired from the junk I was listening to and bored of the old classics. Then I was introduced to Damien Rice and The Frames. I couldn't stop listening to Damien-- creating much friction in the confinds of the humble family cottage in Muskoka-- the soul in his music, and the Frames-- Fitzcarraldo's power and intensity.
My fascination continued with the help of Liz's post on StG back in 2004. It was Ireland's music scene that led me back home to Canada's Arcade Fire and Stars.
It is with the utmost happiness and tingle of homesickness that I stumbled across The Toruture Gate's " Irish Music for Foreigners." It is with the greatest of hearts that I ask you all to introduce yourselves to some of the best in today's music.

2 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ack! where do you find these sites? so good!
something reminded me you yesterday but after the night i had last night i can't remember what it was. if it comes to me, i'll let you know.

dana

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger Robin said...

ha ha ha
I have my ways (insert creepy wink here)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home