Monday, September 12, 2005

craziness is me.


The last month has been incredibly busy. That is the excuse for my absence.
To sum it up: I finished my job, voyaged to Slovenia and Venice, moved house, and started classes.
I know... excuses excuses.

It’s exciting in Toronto now. Well not really... not at all... only it gives the air of being exciting. The film festival is going on. And I live right smack in the middle of it. Which means I see swarms of (crazy) people who stand outside various buildings waiting to catch a glimpse of a celebrity. It is actually rather funny because you just know that it started off by someone sitting on some steps to catch their breathe, and then some other people come along and figure that the person sitting down is waiting for SOMEONE, so they too sit down. Soon enough you have 50 people waiting outside a McDonalds for who they think is Johnny Depp (Yes, by now the rumours have spread that it's Johnny Depp inside, not wait Russell Crowe, or Meg Ryan) when really its the guy in the middle, sitting on the steps, catching his breathe.

That said, I saw Bono (yes he does appear to always wear a hat and glasses-- talk about being conspicuous) walking home from a friends place (well the top half of him, the bottom have was covered by a crowd) and Siskel (or Ebert?) crossing the street n my way back from Canadian Tire.

I need a kettle. It has been two days that I have been without a kettle and I am going LOONIE. So I trudge over in the heat to Canadian Tire to discover that they have sold out of the only affordable kettle! Now I’m going to have to go all the way back on Wednesday, and hope that I can lay my hands on one. I know what you are thinking- if it is so hot, why a kettle? And to you I say “quiet, I want my kettle”!

Attached is a photograph of a Slovenian slug. I hope you like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home