Thursday, June 16, 2005

A discovery a day keeps Ebola a way

The book I am currently reading is on Eugene Dubois-- the man who discovered Homo erectus. It is a fun, easy read. Though parts are discouragingly full of made-up first person text.
What I find most fascinating about Dubois is that he decided very early on that he wanted to and would discover the "missing link." The crazy thing is, he did-- well he did so in his eyes, we now know that H. erectus is millions of years younger than the yet-to-be-found "missing link."

I was having a conversation the other day with my friend, Maya. She was saying how she has always wanted to discover the cure for Ebola (she was excited and disappointed that a possible cure was discovered in the last month or so).

It is crazy to believe that one day Maya and I might indeed have out names written in a textbook next to the description of some revolutionary discovery-- a discovery that we made, and predicted we'd make when we were still undergrads.

Now I just need to decide what I will discover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home