Sunday, March 13, 2005

bow your head in shame you tree-loathing, anti-nature, tree hurting, republicans!

So I have been busy attempting to write my zoo research paper. I am slowly making progress and hopefully, by tomorrow afternoon, I will be rid of the stupid thing.

I watched the trailer for the new movie "Madagascar", and let's just say I am not impressed. The problem with spending so much time studying animals in a zoo and learning about various rainforests-- including the one in Madagascar-- is that it makes you too aware of the world. Ok, that and just listening to the news and teachers since I was in kindergarden. In short, it doesn't take a primatology/zoology/biology student to have a beef with this: in the movie, the animals have a wonderful, pampered lifestyle in a zoo until one day, after a night out on the town, they get shipped off to Madagascar as punishment. Excuse me?!! I think you have that the wrong way around. Dreamworks, you ashame me. How dare you promote zoos and undermine the importance of natural habitats. AAAAARGH!
Even if it has penguins, and monkeys, and other weird rainforest creatures, and jokes about "oy vey"-- I still think it should eat some dust. And bow its head with shame. SHAME!


[music: such great heights (iron and wine)]

3 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin, honey, I appreciate that you're so passionate about certain things - it's cool.

But please try not to get yourself so wound up. Chill. Relax.

Chillax. OK?

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin, honey, I appreciate that you're so passionate about certain things - it's cool.

But please try not to get yourself so wound up. Chill. Relax.

Chillax. OK?

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops... new commenting thingy comfoosed me. sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home