Thursday, May 11, 2006

for dana

I think I should change the name of this blog to "for dana" seeing as how she seems to be what keeps me doing this thing.
Your love, or love for commenting, makes me smile.

Tonight I watched "Banana in a Nutshell." It was a documentary about a Chinese-New Zealander and her Kiwi boyfriend. Kinda Romeo and Juliette, in that they want to get married and her parents disaproved because he was of a different culture. The director/lead (eek I forget her name) did an excellent job. It was refreshing to see someone make a movie about their life and then not edit out all the embarassing or un-pretty bits. It was real. I really enjoyed it.

I am too tired right now to think clearly, so I must go to bed.

I will end this entry with a thought: if there were an albino mammoth, he would have been the last mammoth standing because he would have been camouflaged against the snow and man would never have found him.

2 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

re: banana in a nutshell
it sounds a lot like the documentary I am a sex addict which is still fairly new. the director of that, Caveh Zahedi, has apparently made other movies/documentaries that are so raw, honest and unedited you feel as if you stepped right into someones life. he's also the one who was in Waking Life, a strange animated movie about a guy meeting people in his dreams and not knowing whether or not it's reality. something makes me think you'd enjoy it.

re: albino mammoth
i think an albino mammoth would be scary to bump into, especially in the middle of the night since in theory the moonlight would cast a strange glow over his entire mammothy body... i'm having flashbacks of the movie monsters inc where the big furry guy (i don't remember his name) is in the snowy mountains and just got boosted out of his makeshift sleigh and is lying rather lifelessly in the snow, but his hair is waving around in the wind. kind of a creepy image, yet rather sad at the same time. i imagine this albino mammoth would be lonely. i change my mind. i'd befriend him... then name him Huxtable :) and we could have amazing adventures. you could come to!

dana

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Robin said...

As in Bill Huxtable? (= Bill Cosby)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home